ClassTag can be used for multiple children in the same class or children across multiple classes.
Here is a video to help you navigate the Directory tab.
Multiple children in the same class (including twins)
- If parents are invited to join the class via email or SMS invitation, they will get one SMS or email and will be able to accept it for both children at the same time. No need to register separate accounts.
- If parents are inputting the code from a flyer, they will need to do so for all the children in that class since ClassTag doesn't have the information yet that all the children are in the same family.
- Once the parent account is created, they will be receiving one copy of the information from this class (we wouldn't want to overload them with the same information for each child) and individual messages regarding each of the children.
Children in different classes (including twins)
- If parents are invited to join the classes via email or SMS invitation, they will get an SMS or an email invitation for each classes. Once they accept the first invitation, they will be able to see the other classes on ClassTag via web or mobile app automatically.
- If they are inputting the code from a flyer, they will need to do so for at least one class since ClassTag doesn't have the information yet that they are a parent of multiple children or the same child across multiple classes. The other class will automatically show up in their ClassTag account after they accepted the invitation of the first class.
- Once the parent account is created, you will be receiving information from all the classes separately. Any school-wide announcements and activities will be incorporated into all the applicable classes your children are in.
- It is important that parents have been invited with the same contact information so that ClassTag can link the children in the same parent account.