Here at ClassTag, we understand there are parents who prefer to communicate in a language other than English. We translate your message from English to different languages to ensure that parents will understand your message and engage with your class on ClassTag.
When inviting parents in your directory tab, you have an option to change the default language for that parent from English to 60+ languages when sending the invitation.
You can set the language for every parent when you add their contacts manually in the Directory or copy and paste the student list and parents’ contact information (email address or mobile number) for bulk import.
1. On the “Directory” tab, add the student’s name by clicking the icon on the right hand side of the “Class Directory”.
2. Type the student’s name and click “Add”.
3. It will show the “Student Profile”. To add a parent, click the icon on the right side of “Guardians”.
4. Enter the parent’s email address, click the drop-down below “Language” and choose the parent’s language, then click “Invite”.
5. To use the parent’s mobile number, click “Invite in another way” and click “Invite via phone”.
6. Enter the parent’s mobile number, click the drop-down below “Language” and choose the parent’s language, then click “Invite”.
Bulk Import or “Copy and Paste from a Spreadsheet”
Prepare a spreadsheet of your class directory that you will upload on ClassTag. The first column should have the students’ complete name and the second column should have the parents’ email addresses or mobile numbers.
NOTE: If you need to add a second guardian for a specific student, please add the contact info on the third column.
1. On the “Directory” tab, add the students’ names and parents’ credentials by clicking the icon on the right hand side of the “Class Directory”.
2. Click “Copy From a Spreadsheet”.
3. A page that looks like a spreadsheet will show up.
4. Copy the details from your spreadsheet and paste it into this page. Choose the parent’s language by clicking on the drop-down menu below their credentials then click “Import”.
Inviting parents in a different language when printing flyers
You can also invite the parents using a code and printed flyers in different languages. You have an option to change the default language for each family without contact information from English to 50+ languages currently available.
1. On your Directory tab, click the icon next to “Class Directory”.
2. Click “Download and Print Parent Invitations”.
3. Click the box before “Select All” or choose the specific parent/s only.
4. Choose the parent’s language by clicking on the drop-down menu on the right side of the parent’s name, then click “Print”.
5. A PDF file similar to the example below will be exported so you can print and send it home with the student so their parents can join your class on ClassTag.