Here is a video to get you familiar with the Directory tab.
Users can log in on ClassTag using either an email address or a mobile number. We strongly recommend to download the mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store to make it easier for you to receive notifications.
Before anyone can log into ClassTag, there’s a need to sign up first. Signing up for an account can be done in a few different ways, because we understand that people like to use different communication methods.
For Teachers and School Leaders:
There is currently no option for Teachers and School Leaders to create a ClassTag account and log in using a mobile number. If you prefer to use your mobile number to log in on ClassTag, please follow these steps.
1. Sign up on ClassTag using your email address first (click on the “Sign-Up” button on the upper right side).
2. Please choose either “As a Teacher” or “As a School Leader”.
3. For Teachers, enter your class’ name, grade and number of students, and click on the “Create Classroom” button.
4. For School Leaders, search for your school and claim it. If you can’t find your school, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your school’s complete name and address (including the street, city, state and zip code) so we can add your school and claim it on your behalf.
5. After you create an account, add and verify your mobile number in your “Account Settings”. Instructions can be seen here.
6. Delete your email address from “Account Settings” and keep your mobile number. Don’t forget to click on the blue “Save Changes” button on the lower right side to save the changes.
You can sign up on ClassTag using your mobile number by clicking on the link in the SMS invitation.
Once clicked, it will open a page where you can create a password. Once you are signed up, you can now log in on ClassTag using your mobile number.
If you didn’t receive an SMS message from ClassTag to sign up for an account using your mobile number, please do any of the following:
1. Ask your child’s teacher to add your mobile number in their class on ClassTag. This will trigger the system to send you an SMS message.
2. If you received an email invitation to join ClassTag using your email address or you didn’t receive anything at all (maybe the teacher doesn’t have your information yet), contact your child's teacher to add you to your child's account.
3. Sign up on ClassTag using your email address first by clicking on the link in the email invitation OR going directly to ClassTag and clicking on the “Sign-Up” button.
NOTE: When signing up directly on the website (not clicking on the link in the email invitation), please choose “As a Parent”. The system is then going to ask you for a “code” before you can proceed. Please refer to the flyer that the teacher gave to your child or reach out to the teacher directly. You can also send us an email at email@example.com, and our Support Team we’ll be glad to assist you. Please send the following information:
- Your child’s full name
- Your child’s teacher’s full name and/or email address
- Your child’s school name and address (city, state and zip code will also do).
4. Once you have the code, complete your profile to create an account. After you create an account, add and verify your mobile number in your Account Settings. Instructions can be seen here.
5. Delete your email address from “Account Settings” and keep your mobile number. Don’t forget to click on the blue “Save Changes” button on the lower right side to save the changes.