ClassTag understands a teacher's need to meet parents online and be able to ask them to join a video conference. Great news! It is now possible to add a Google Meet link when teachers create an Activity (Event, To-Do Item, Volunteer Request and Parent-Teacher Conference). The parents can then click the link to join the online meeting.
In addition to being able to add a Google Meet link, the Activity will automatically get added to your calendar.
Here is how to do it:
1. From your class Home page, click the plus "+" key on the upper right hand side.
2. Choose an Activity. For the example below, we’re going to choose “Event”.
3. Fill out the necessary info, like the title, details, location, date and time. You can also click the “Request Volunteers” or “Request Items” buttons if needed.
4. If this is the first time you’re going to add a Google Meet link, please click on “Connect Google Calendar” button first.
5. Click the correct account.
6. Click “Allow".
7. On the lower part of the “details”, toggle the button on the right side of Google Meet. It will turn to green.
5. Click “Preview”.
6. Review the details and click “Done”.
7. To ensure that parents will be notified about the Event, click the “Announce” button at the bottom part of the page.
8. Review the details of the Announcement and then click “Preview”.
9. Click “Send” on the next page.
When you and the parents view the Event on the Activities tab and click on it, they will see a link of the Google Meet that they can click on to join the call.
The event will also be added on your Calendar with the Google Meet link.
Google Meet for Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC)
- When adding Google Meet on Parent-Teacher Conference, it will look something similar to this while you're creating the conference.
- When parents start to sign up, the parent will receive a calendar invite with the details of the conference and the link of the Google Meet. The email looks like below:
- When viewing the Parent-Teacher Conference on the teacher's end, you will see a different and unique Google Meet links to join each conference.
- It will also be added automatically on your Google calendar.