The Class Directory provides you with one location to manage your class memberships, print invitations to join ClassTag, add students and parents to the classroom, invite or remove teachers from your classroom, and even easily email parents.
CREATING A STUDENT LIST AND INVITING PARENTS
If you are looking to set up your class directory and just getting started with ClassTag, please review this post: How do I invite a parent (or parents) to use ClassTag?
A family is considered connected if at least one parent has a valid contact email or phone number and we have confirmed successful delivery of communications to that contact.
Once parents are invited to ClassTag with valid contact information, they receive all communications before creating the actual account on ClassTag and can accept the invite to join ClassTag at any time by following the links in the communications they receive. This ensures no parent is left out of communication even if they haven't taken action yet to accept the invitation.
To know which parent has already signed up on ClassTag or who hasn’t signed up yet, please refer to this post: How do I know who has signed up for ClassTag from my class?
INVALID CONTACT INFORMATION
If you notice that a contact information is in red or has an exclamation point in your Directory, this means the contact information is not valid. Here’s a snapshot to better explain it:
The system will also list the invalid contact info or contact info that has some problems (e.g., inbox is already full, users who marked our email as spam) on the “Unreachable Users” section of your page.
In some cases when a parent might have created an account already, you might see an error message "account already exists. Please use another email or create a separate account". In order to invite this parent, please click on the "Remove" red button in the bottom left to remove the wrong account and create a new account to invite a parent with the correct email information.
Editing/correcting invalid contact information
To correct invalid contacts, please follow these steps:
1. On the Directory tab, click the parent who has an invalid contact.
2. The next page will show the “User Profile”. Scroll down on the bottom right side and click “Edit”.
3. Edit the email address or the mobile number, add the parent’s first and last name, and then click the "Save" button.
In some cases when a parent might have created an account already, you might see an error message "account already exists. Please use another email or create a separate account" when you are editing a contact info.
This happens because the first name and/or last name doesn’t match with what the parent has used in her account.
Here’s how this can be fixed:
1. Click on the student’s name to go to the Student Profile.
2. Click “Edit” on the lower right side of the page.
3. Click the red circle with a minus sign to delete the contact with the incorrect contact info.
4. Click “Confirm”.
5. Click “Save”.
6. Click the icon next to “Guardians” to add the correct contact info.
7. Enter the correct email address OR mobile number (do not combine) and click “Invite”.
8. The parent’s name will automatically appear after you click on Invite. To go back to your Directory page, just click the x mark on the upper right hand corner of the page.
ADDING OR REMOVING STUDENTS AND PARENTS
Adding a Student to your class
1. You can add another student by clicking on the icon next to your “Class Directory”.
2. From there, enter the student’s name and click “Add”.
Removing a Student from the class or Editing the Student’s Details
1. To remove a student from your class or edit the student’s details, click the student’s name on your Class Directory to go to the Student's Profile.
2. Click “Edit” on the lower right corner of the page.
3. From there, you can (a) edit the student’s photo (b) edit the student’s name (c) remove a parent/guardian or (d) remove the student from your class. Don’t forget to click the “Save” button once you’re done.
Adding a Parent’s Contact Info to a Student
1. Click the student’s name to go to the Student Profile.
2. Click the icon on the right side of “Guardians”.
3. From there, enter the parent’s email and click the “Invite” button.
4. If you want to invite a parent using her mobile, please click “Invite in another way”, click "Invite via Phone".
Enter the mobile number then click “Invite”.
Removing a Parent Contact from a Student
1. To remove a parent contact from a student, click on the student’s name first on you class Directory.
2. Click “Edit".
3. Click the red circle next to the parent’s name then click the “Save’ button.
Editing a Parent Contact
A parent’s contact information can only be edited if the parent hasn’t signed up for a ClassTag account yet. A good indicator that the parent isn’t signed up yet is if you see an email address or a mobile number on your class directory.
1. To edit the parent’s contact details, click on the parent’s contact info to go to the “User Profile”.
2. Click “Edit” on the lower right side of the page.
3. Enter the parent’s first name, last name, and the correct email address (or Mobile number), and then click “Save”.
- If the parent has already created an account on ClassTag, you, as a Teacher, won’t be able to edit their contact info anymore. The “Edit” button on the User Profile will no longer be available. To fix this, please ask the parent to log in on their account and go to their “Account Settings” to update their details. If the parent is having problems in updating her account info, they can reach out to email@example.com and we’ll be glad to make the necessary changes.
- Only you as a teacher are able to see all the parents' email addresses. When parents sign up, they have the option of making their email addresses visible to other parents or not. This way they determine their privacy settings themselves.
- Parents can invite other parents or caregivers to their family on ClassTag, making it easier to ensure everyone has access even if you don't have emails or phone numbers for all family members.