As a School staff, we understand that there will be times when you will not be able to respond to parents right away. You could be on leave, during school break, or extremely busy, and you will not have enough time to respond to the parents’ messages on SchoolStatus Connect. How can you easily communicate this to them?
With SchoolStatus Connect, you can now set your availability based on your given Office Hours or when you are generally available to respond to messages.
When you set your office hours in SchoolStatus Connect, the following will happen when parents send you a message outside of your office hours:
1. Push notifications on the mobile app will turn off automatically.
2. Parents will be notified that you won’t be able to respond right away. There are two areas where they will be notified about this:
a. On the upper part of the conversation window.
b. On the avatar icon next to your name or the parent's name. When they click on it, another window will appear that will show all the participants in the conversation. There's an icon next to your name that indicates that you are away.
To set your Office Hours, please follow these steps:
1. Click the drop-down arrow on the top right, click the gear icon, and click Office Hours.
2. Toggle the Office Hours button on.
3. Set the Days and the time.
Note: If your hours vary on different days, you can add the day and time one at a time by clicking on the plus key button.
4. Click the Trash icon to delete any Office Hours you do not need. Then, click Confirm.
5. Click Save.
That's it! You're Office Hours are now set! 🙌
Contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!