ClassTag Supply List allows you to create and share customized, shoppable, and printable supply lists with parents, co-teachers, and school leaders. Not only are our supply lists user-friendly and integrated with ClassTag, they also help your parents save on supplies and be sure they get the right items that you requested.
A few notes:
For teachers who belong to a school, supply lists are created for the grade level. This means that any teacher whose class is the same grade can modify the supply list. Once modified, it will affect all the other classes of that same grade level.
Before approving the supply list for each grade level, it is important that all teachers of the same grade collaborate and decide which items are needed for their grade supply list.
To create your Supply List, please follow these steps:
1. Make sure that “Show the classroom supply list” is enabled in Class Settings. Don’t forget to click the “Update Class” button.
2. Click the three lines on the upper left hand side.
3. Click "Goods".
4. Go to “Supply List.”
5. The Supply List is a grade-level list viewable for all parents/guardians included in a class with an enabled Supply List. To make edits or create a new one, please click “Manage”.
6. Look for your grade level and click “Configure”.
7. Select the “Grade Level” again and click “Customize List.”
8. The suggested list is a pre-selected list of common items used by teachers who belong to each grade level. You can add more from the categories on the right.
9. Please review the list of items. If you’d like to REMOVE AN ITEM from the list, click the check icon.
10. Once done, the checkmark icon will show a plus orange icon that indicates that it is not listed in your Supply List. The item will also move below all other checked items.
11. If you need to ADD AN ITEM in the list, either scroll down towards the bottom of the list or you can also search for the item name. Then click the orange plus icon.
12. If the item you want to add isn’t listed in the search results, like the example below, you can ADD IT AS A CUSTOM ITEM.
13. Make sure to (a) add a title of item (b) add some notes (c) indicate the quantity (d) choose if it’s an optional or a required item (e) upload an image and finally (f) click on the “Add Custom Item” button or the “Save” button.
14. When you’re done reviewing the list of items, click on the cart icon on the right-hand side of the search bar.
15. The summary of the items will be shown on the right-hand side. You can have a final review of the item by scrolling down to the list. On each icon, there is an option to (a) delete the item (b) update the quantity (c) change the item from being an option to required, and vice-versa and (d) add a note. Please note that the required item doesn't have a "required" label on the parent side. When you mark an item as "optional", it will show up as optional on the parent side.
16. If the list is ready, (a) add a title to your Supply List, then (b) click “Approve x items”.
17. Once you approve your Supply List, you will see a message (a) “Your Supply List has been updated successfully”. This means that the parents will be able to see that your Supply List has been approved. You can then (b) Announce it, (c) print it, or (d) copy the link and share it via email, social media, or other means.