Teachers might have created multiple classes with a few students and thought of just merging them into one big class so it can be easily managed. If all classes will receive the same Announcement and Activities from the Teacher, it makes sense to merge these classes into just one class.
As an example, we need to merge “Mr. Jackson's 3rd Grade Class” and "Mr. Jackson's 1st Grade Class” into one.
While Teachers don’t have the option to merge classes, School Leaders have the option to do this on their end.
The process involves three steps:
Creating the new class on the school page
Moving the students from the old class to the new class and removing the students from the old class
Archiving the old class
STEP 1: CREATE THE NEW CLASS ON THE SCHOOL PAGE
1. Click the three lines and go to the correct school.
2. On the School page, go to “Classroom” and click “Create New Class”.
3. Enter the new class name, choose the grade level, click “Someone else is a teacher”, enter the teacher’s email address, and click “Create Classroom”. For this example, we’ll use “Mark Jackson's Class” as the new class name.
4. The new class will now appear on the Classrooms page of the School page.
STEP 2: MOVE THE STUDENTS FROM THE OLD CLASS TO THE NEW CLASS AND REMOVE THE STUDENT FROM THE OLD CLASS
1. Go to the student's old class on the Classrooms page. For this example, we’ll go to “Mr. Jackson's 1st Grade Class” first.
2. On the class page, click “Directory” and click the student’s name to open the “Student Profile”.
3. On the Student Profile, click the icon next to “Classes”.
4. Choose the new class that the student will be added to and click “Add”. For this example, we’ll add the student to “Mark Jackson’s Class”.
5. After adding the student to the new class, the new class will now be shown on the student’s profile.
6. To remove the student from the old class, click the “Edit”. Button.
7. Click ⛔ before the old class name. For this example, we’ll remove Ava from “Mr. Jackson’s 1st Grade Class” which is the old class.
8. Click “Confirm”.
9. A message that says “The student has been disconnected successfully” will appear on top for a few seconds that indicates that the student has been removed from the class.
10. Do the same steps for the other students until all students were added in the new class and removed from the original class.
ClassTag Leaders can also assign a student to an existing classroom via the School Directory page. Here's a quick video on how to do this.
STEP 3: ARCHIVE THE OLD CLASS
1. After all the students have been moved from the old class to the new class, go to the “Class Settings” of the old class and click “Graduate”.
2. Click “Graduate”.
3. Enter your email address and click “Confirm”.
4. It will redirect you to creating a new class. If there’s no need to create a new class, just click on the three lines on the upper left side and go to the class or school page.
If you need any assistance in merging classes into one, please reach out to email@example.com and send the following details.
Existing classes that need be merged
New Class Name
Teacher’s Name who needs to be part of the new class