ClassTag has introduced a new feature that will allow teachers who don’t have a ClassTag account yet to easily import their Google Classrooms to ClassTag. Using our ClassTag Chrome Extension, this can now be done without leaving Google Classroom.
This article discusses the steps on how to do this and is divided into four different parts:
- Adding the ClassTag Chrome Extension
- Signing Up for an Account on ClassTag Importing your Class to ClassTag
- Importing your Class to ClassTag
- Adding the Parents' Contact Info on ClassTag
Let's begin! 🙌
Adding the ClassTag Chrome Extension
1. Download the ClassTag Chrome Extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2. Click “Add to Chrome.”
3. Review the permission that the extension needs to work, then click “Add extension” to approve.
4. Once installed, the ClassTag logo will appear on the upper right-hand side.
Signing Up for an Account on ClassTag Importing your Class to ClassTag
1. Click the gray ClassTag Chrome Extension icon on the upper right side of Google Chrome.
2. Click “Continue with Google”.
3. Click your email address.
4. Click “Allow” to the following prompts to give permission to ClassTag to (1) view guardians for students in your Google Classroom classes (2) view the email addresses of people in your classes (3) view your Google Classroom class rosters and (4) View your Google Classroom classes.
5. The next page will show the summary of the permissions that will be given to ClassTag. Click “Allow” to continue.
6. Congratulations! You have now signed up on ClassTag. 🙌
Importing your Class to ClassTag
1. The list of your Google Classroom classes is now available when you click the ClassTag Chrome Extension. Click on the Google Classroom you want to import to ClassTag. For this example, we’ll click “Mark Valencia’s First Grade Class”.
2. Click the “Add Guardians” button on the upper right-hand side corner to import the class on ClassTag.
3. Click "Create and connect a new class."
4. Choose the Grade and Timezone.
5. The ClassTag conversation icon will now appear on the upper right corner showing that the class has been imported on ClassTag.
Adding the Parents' Contact Info on ClassTag
1. On your Google Classroom, click the “People” tab.
2. To add the parents’ or guardians’ contact details, please scroll down and click “ClassTag Directory”. It will redirect to the class Directory of your ClassTag account.
3. You can now start adding parents’ email addresses or mobile numbers to invite them to join your class on ClassTag. Choose a specific student and click “+Add the first guardian”.
4. Enter the parent’s Email Address, choose the Language, and click “Send Invitation”. For more information about inviting parents or guardians, please refer to this article (start with Step 6.)
5. The parent’s email address (or mobile number) will now be added in your Class Directory.
6. After the parent has created an account and joined your class on ClassTag, it will show his/her name in your Class Directory.
7. It will also show up on the lower part of the “People” tab in your Google classroom.