ClassTag often heard from School Leaders and District Leaders that it would be really helpful to get a report of the communications sent at the classroom level, school level and district level with the objective of measuring how ClassTag is being utilized in terms of communicating information to the parents and how engaged the families have been. ClassTag made it happen and built what we now call the “Communications Report” to address this need.
The Communications Report helps educators monitor sent communications (Announcements, Activities, Child Stories, Weekly Summaries, Parent-Teacher Conferences) over a period of time and the extent to which those communications are engaged with by families.
Here's a quick demo about ClassTag's Communication Report.
The step-by-step instructions below will discuss the following:
Viewing the Communications Report
1. Click the three lines on the upper-left.
2. Click your District’s name.
3. Click "Reports."
4. Click the "Communications" button.
Navigating the Communications Report
Communications Report Filters
District Name, School Name, Class Name
Announcement, Child Story, Weekly Summary, Activity, PTC
Past 7 Days, Custom
1. You can filter the data that will be shown on the Communications Report graph by district, school, or classroom level. Click the "Segments" drop-down button to adjust the report to what you want to see.
2. You can either select a school or a classroom from the list of the "Segments" pop-up window or type its name on the search bar.
3. Once you select the school, you can choose either all classes connected to the school or just a specific class.
4. Once you choose a school or a class, the "Segments: All" button will change to the school's name or to a class name whichever was selected on the previous page. For this example, we’ll choose the “Palm Coast Middle School (Demo) which is the school’s name.
5. If you want to go back and change the selection, (a) click the drop-down menu, then (b) click "Cancel Selection" and “Change” to select a different school or class.
1. The Communications Report gathers data for all sent Announcements, Activities, Child Stories, Weekly Summaries, and Parent-Teacher Conferences. By default, the report shows all these on the graph with different colors.
2. You can filter the graph by one, multiple, or all communication types by clicking the drop-down button.
3. Put a check in the box next to the only type of communication that you want to see on the report.
4. Click "Cancel Selection" or remove all checks to go back to all Communication Types.
1. You can adjust the data shown on the report by filtering the date to a maximum of one week. By default, the report will show the past seven days of data.
2. Click the "Date" drop-down to customize the data shown on the report. By default, it will show “Past 7 days”.
3. You can also click on “Custom” and select a date starting from any day on the Calendar up to the seventh day forward of the first day selected. Then, click "Apply".
Communications Report Table
Below the graph is a table that lists all Communications sent. The data will depend on the filters you applied following the instructions above.
Communication type: Announcement, Event, PTC, Child Story.
Audience: the school or class or student's parent the communication was sent to.
Read rate: - the percentage of how many viewed the communication over the total number of intended recipients
Checkmark - # of how many viewed over total recipients
Message bubble - # of comments
Heart - # of reactions to the communication
We love to hear your feedback and encourage you to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll make sure to inform our Product Team for any suggestions you have on how we can improve the Communications Report.