ClassTag Connect Leaders and Teachers can send Announcements as phone calls to a user’s mobile or landline phone number. District Leaders can upload a pre-recorded audio file and attach it to an Announcement. Once uploaded, the system will trigger an automated phone call to all users within your district who have a phone number saved and play the recording as a call or leave it as a voice mail.
A couple of notes:
Users who only have an email address as their notification method will receive an email with the link to download the audio file.
Users who have both email addresses and mobile numbers will receive a call that will play the recording automatically.
We continue to improve this feature so we can allow users to record the message directly on the ClassTag App.
Please follow the steps below to create a Voice Broadcast Announcement.
1. Click the orange plus button and click Announcement.
2. Type the title and the details of your announcement.
3. Click the cog on the right side.
4. Toggle the Voice Broadcast on and then record or upload your audio file.
If you choose to upload a pre-recorded audio file, your computer folders will open. Select the recording and then click Open.
5. Click Send, Send Later, or Preview.
6. Voice Broadcast will have this icon on the banner and a playable audio attachment.
If a parent/guardian has a mobile number on their profile, Classtag will initiate a call and then play the recorded audio in your Voice Broadcast Announcement.
NOTE: You can create a Priority Announcement which is also a Voice Broadcast, Student Broadcast, and/or Social Shared.