Teachers in ClassTag Connect Schools and Districts can now message students directly. To use this feature, student email addresses must be synchronized with a student information system. If synchronized, staff members can enable students to log into ClassTag and message their teachers.
A couple of notes:
1. In order for students to use ClassTag and communicate with their teachers, their email addresses need to be added to ClassTag. This is possible if students are synced with Google Classroom or with SIS via Clever, Classlink, or OneRoster.
2. Students will only have access to private messages sent to them.
This article will discuss the following:
Enabling the Student’s Account
You can enable Student Accounts in two ways.
To enable students to sign in on ClassTag, these steps need to be followed:
One student at a time:
1. Find a student in the District, School, or Class Directory and click his name.
2. Click Edit.
3. Put a check on the Student account enabled.
4. Click Save.
5. An invitation will be sent to the student.
Multiple Students at once:
1. Find and select students in your District, School or Classroom Directory.
2. Click Actions.
3. Click Enable Student Accounts and confirm the action when asked.
Teacher Sending a Message to the Student
Sending a message to a student is similar to sending a message to a parent.
1. Click the purple message icon on the upper right-hand side.
2. Click Start Conversation.
3. Select the Student.
4. Click Create.
5. Type and send the message.
NOTE: At this time, teachers can only send a message to one student or to his/her parents. Sending a message to both the student and his parents isn’t allowed. Also, sending a message to multiple students is a feature limitation.
Student Signing up
After enabling the Student Account, the student will receive an email asking him to join ClassTag. The student needs to do two easy steps.
1. Click Join Now from the email invite.
2. Create a password and click Join.
That’s it! The student is now ready to communicate with his/her teacher on ClassTag. 🙌
Student Sending a Message to the Teacher
When the student logs in on ClassTag, the student will automatically get directed to the Conversation window where the teacher’s name is listed.
1. To send a message, the student needs to click the Start Conversation button.
2. Choose the teacher’s name and click the Create button in the upper-right corner.
3. Type a message and click the blue button to send the message.
Students will receive email notifications about messages sent to them.
Students can message any of their teachers.