As a Teacher, we understand that there will be times that you will not be able to respond to parents right away. You could be on leave, during school break, or extremely busy, and you will not have enough time to respond to the parents’ messages on ClassTag. How can you easily communicate this to them?
With ClassTag, you can now set your availability based on your given Office Hours or when you are generally available to respond to messages.
When you set your office hours in ClassTag, the following will happen when parents send you a message outside of your Office Hours:
1. Push notifications on the mobile app will turn off automatically.
2. Parents will be notified that you won’t be able to respond right away. There are two areas where they will be notified about this:
a. On the upper part of the conversation window.
b. On the avatar icon next to your name or the parent's name. When they click on it, another window will appear that will show all the participants in the conversation. There's an icon next to your name that indicates that you are away.
To set your Office Hours, please follow these steps:
1. Log into ClassTag.
2. Click the three horizontal lines on the upper left side of the page.
3. Click “Account Settings”.
4. Under the ‘Preferences’ section, click on “Office Hours”.
5. Click on the slider to turn on your office hours. The slider will change to green when it’s ON.
6. To edit the days, click on it first.
7. Choose the days of your Office hours.
8. To edit the hours, click the drop-down menu and choose the time.
9. If your hours vary on different days, you can add the day and time one at a time by clicking on the plus key button.
10. If you need to remove it any day, you can click on the trash icon. A pop-up window will appear. Click the “Confirm” button.
11. Finally, don’t forget to click on the blue “Save” button.