ClassTag understands the needs of District Leaders to send district-wide announcements. Maybe you want to announce that your district has new devices that are ready to distribute, you may want to welcome and introduce a new leader to your district, or you want to inform the parents that their child’s report card is already released. Great news! You can now do this on ClassTag.
Please follow these instructions on how to create a District-Wide Announcement:
1. Click on the three lines on the upper right side.
2. Click your District name.
3. You’ll know that you are on your District page once the banner turns to dark blue. From that page, click the plus key on the upper right hand corner and click “Announcement”.
4. Enter the Announcement title and its details. You can also schedule sending the Announcement in the future by clicking “Add Send Time”, add files or photos, or even add files from your Google drive or videos from YouTube. You can also change font size and type, font colors, make it bold, underlined or italicized, add bullets, etc. by using the text editor.
5. When you have all the details added, click “Preview”.
6. Review your Announcement then click “Send” when you have everything in place.
7. You will be redirected to your District Home page where you can see the Announcement that you just sent out.
The same Announcement will be posted on each of the School’s pages…
... and also on the classes that are connected to the school.
All users (School Leaders, Teachers, and Parents) will be notified about the Announcement via email or SMS (depending on the notification preference they set in their account) and a push notification on their mobile device (if the app is installed).