The Class Directory provides you with one location to manage your class memberships, print invitations to join ClassTag, add students and parents to the classroom, invite or remove teachers from your classroom, and even easily email parents.
CREATING A STUDENT LIST AND INVITING PARENTS
If you are looking to set up your class directory and just getting started with ClassTag, please review this post: How do I invite a parent (or parents) to use ClassTag?
A family is considered connected if at least one parent has a valid contact email or phone number and we have confirmed successful delivery of communications to that contact.
Once parents are invited to ClassTag with valid contact information, they receive all communications before creating the actual account on ClassTag and can accept the invite to join ClassTag at any time by following the links in the communications they receive. This ensures no parent is left out of communication even if they haven't taken action yet to accept the invitation.
To know which parent has already signed up on ClassTag or who hasn’t signed up yet, please refer to this post: How do I know who has signed up for ClassTag from my class?
INVALID CONTACT INFORMATION
If you notice that a contact information is in red or has an exclamation point in your Directory, this means the contact information is not valid. Here’s a snapshot to better explain it:
The system will also list the invalid contact info or contact info that has some problems (e.g., inbox is already full, users who marked our email as spam) on the “Unreachable Users” section of your page.
Editing/correcting invalid contact information
To correct invalid contacts, please follow these steps:
1. On the Directory tab, click the parent who has an invalid contact.
2. The next page will show the “User Profile”. Scroll down on the bottom right side and click “Edit”.
3. Edit the email address or the mobile number, add the parent’s first and last name, and then click the "Save" button.
ACCOUNT ALREADY EXISTS
In some cases, when a parent might have created an account already, you might see an error message that says "account already exists. Please use another email or create a separate account" OR "account already exists. Please use another email or create a separate account" when you are editing a contact info and adding both the parent's email address and mobile number in just one account. Here's how it looks like.
The error message means that both credentials are already in the system and have a separate account. If you need to add both credentials, please add them separately.
ADDING OR REMOVING STUDENTS AND PARENTS
Adding a Student to your class
1. You can add another student by going to the "Directory" tab, clicking on the icon next to your “Class Directory” and clicking on "Add a Student".
2. From there, enter the student’s name and click “Add”.
Removing a Student from the class or Editing the Student’s Details
1. To remove a student from your class or edit the student’s details, go to the "Directory" tab, and click the student’s name to go to the Student's Profile.
2. Click “Edit” on the lower right corner of the page.
3. From there, you can (a) edit the student’s photo (b) edit the student’s first and last name (c) remove a parent/guardian or (d) remove the student from your class. Don’t forget to click the “Save” button once you’re done.
Removing a student from the class can be done by either the Teacher of the class or the school's ClassTag Leader. This can be done from Classroom Directory or from the School Directory. Here's a helpful video on how to do this.
Adding a Parent’s Contact Info to a Student
1. Go to "Directory" tab and click the student’s name to go to the Student Profile.
2. Click the icon on the right side of “Guardians”.
3. From there, enter the parent’s email, choose the language, and click the “Send Invitation” button.
4. If you want to invite a parent using her mobile, please click “Add in another way”, click "Add via Phone".
5. Enter the mobile number then click “Send Invitation”.
Removing a Parent Contact from a Student
1. To remove a parent contact from a student, click on the student’s name first on you class Directory.
2. On the Student Profile, click the “Edit" on the lower right side of the page.
3. Click the red circle next to the parent’s name then click the “Save’ button.
Editing a Parent Contact
A parent’s contact information can only be edited if the parent hasn’t signed up for a ClassTag account yet. A good indicator that the parent isn’t signed up yet is if you see an email address or a mobile number on your class directory.
1. To edit the parent’s contact details, click on the parent’s contact info to go to the “User Profile”.
2. Click “Edit” on the lower right side of the page.
3. Enter the correct email address (or Mobile number), and then click “Save”.
- If the parent has already created an account on ClassTag, you, as a Teacher, won’t be able to edit their contact info anymore. The “Edit” button on the User Profile will no longer be available. To fix this, please ask the parent to log in on their account and go to their “Account Settings” to update their details. If the parent is having problems in updating her account info, they can reach out to email@example.com and we’ll be glad to make the necessary changes.
- Only you as a teacher are able to see all the parents' email addresses. When parents sign up, they have the option of making their email addresses visible to other parents or not. This way they determine their privacy settings themselves.
- Parents can invite other parents or caregivers to their family on ClassTag, making it easier to ensure everyone has access even if you don't have emails or phone numbers for all family members.